DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 99 Durango 5.2L. Most of my driving consists of 5 miles or less so it rarely has a chance to really warm up. On two occassions of driving 20 miles or so, the D stalled. Engine cranks full speed, but have not checked for fire at the plugs. Car must sit for 30-45 minutes before it will start. On a third occassion I parked after a 20-mile drive and the car would not restart immediately - had to wait 45 minutes. After cranking for 10-15 seconds I get a Check Engine message with what appears to b a 'No Bus' code. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
usually it's the IAC that needs to be cleaned, but the no bus points to your PCM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pcm

I had a similar problem last year with my 99. Ended up being the PCM, just like "rockadaous" said. It was under 80,000 miles, so the dealer replaced it for free (some EPA law requires the dealer to warranty up to 80K).

Sko

·
unRegistered Dog
2,134 Posts
Check the connections at the PCM they might not be plugged in all the way. Disconnect them and then reconnect them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - turned out to be PCM

Thanks for the help. Took the least expensive route and replaced IAC - no help. Replaced PCM and problem resolved.

Spent a lot of time lately on this forum and I think I'm prepared for just abut anything that might happen now. I'm an old-timer with lots of experience re-building 50's thru 70's engines and the electronics on the 'd' kind of had me buffaloed for a while. Thanks, again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am having this same problem and got a quote from Dodge for over $900 (parts/labor) to fix the problem. I brought my 99 Durango back home and figured I would find and install my own PCM. When I saw the mention of the 80k miles I quickly went in the garage to look at the odometer. I have 80724 miles on it. I wanted to cry!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.