DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my 2nd gen 2500 4x4 I have a factory tow package can someone tell me where to find the brake control wires???
Second, I have a drop hitch in my receiver that is rusted in. I can't budge it with a 10# hammer. Any suggestions. This truck I just bought & it was 10 years in Colorado in salt or whatever Colorado uses on their snowy roads.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
The brake control wires are up under the left side of the dash. About where your left foot would be during driving. As for the hitch, soak it with wd-40 and use some heat on it.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Oh yeah? Tow pkg came pre-wired for brake controller? Never knew that. May have to check it out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I live here in colorado and we dont use salts on our roads. We use this mag-cloride. Probably rusted from sitting and all the moisture. I send soaking it with wd-40 or PB.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Yep they are wired has a adaptor wire though to make it just hook into your current one. Also have you tried to hook your truck to a tree buy the hitch and see if it pulls out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have it soaking in penetrating oil. After 24 hours still no move. So I guess heat is next. I thought about the tree thing but finding a big enough tree in the desert is a problem. I was thinking a D10N Cat maybe. First I think I will find a 2" outside diameter pipe & put it in the back side & see if I can beat it out.
mag chloride might be worse than salt. But at least I don't see that much rust except bolts & exhaust. Frame, Body & suspension parts are clean.
Thanks for all the info. I'll update this thread once I get the hitch out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE:::
Well got the hitch out of the Receiver FINALLY. We heated the heated it up & ended up beating it in then back out. It moved about 1/2" each time. After a couple of times of doing that we beat it back out. We used a 20# single jack. It was welded in with rust. But we saved the Receiver & my Equalizer Hitch fits in nicely now.
Thanks for the Comments & Ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.