DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i new to the forum and i have a dakota that bought last year love the truck but it was a bad buy it's a northern truck and it had sit for a while. the rust is unbelieveable i have already relpaced a number of parts. now i have to replace the front cv axel and i need some input on how to do it. and input about the truck i would love to lift it and put 33's but i'm wondering if it's even woth it. the motor and tranny is in excellent shape can't got wrong with a 318. the frame is good not rust on it but everything else like suspension and body is horribble so if anyone could let me what i got my slef into or what i can do to help the truck i would appreciate it.

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
It's never to late to get the truck undercoated/rust proofed. It'll help contain the corrosion that's already started and keep it from getting any worse. I drive on salted roads 7-8 months of the year and my udnerbody is in descent shape considering I only undercoat every couple years (Only drive it 25 000kms a year). A basic manual should explain how to replace CV joints. You might need more knowledge than that book provides if you're not familiar with the front end components. Sitting a vehicle is bad for prolonged period outdoors. I left a nissan 200sx in the driveway all winter due to engine problems and it needed new brake rotors come spring time along with the engine parts. Instead of it costing me a few hundred it cost me close to six.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.