DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'll do my best to explain the issues. My 1999 caravan 3.0l , 195000k ; first symptom was the radio power would go on and off while driving, now does not power on at all. Then, my power locks would unlock by themselves. Next, with my key out of the ignition, I have no horn, no power locks, no interior lights with door open. With engine running all works well except no power to radio. I have checked fuses and I understand this may be a BCM issue. But , if anyone has had this issue or has suggestions, please drop me a line. :help:

thanks

· Registered
984 Posts
Before you go diving into BCM-land, try two things first.

Take a look at the IOD fuse. It's in the fuse block under the hood, at the end closest to the firewall. It's a little red 10 amp fuse. Pull it and check it.

If the fuse is OK, the problem may be your battery, or battery cables. Inspect the cables carefully. A coating of green on the cable at the terminal could be an indicator that your cable is deteriorating internally. Also, get a full charge on the battery, and take it to a parts store that does free testing. Have them load-test it. These vehicles have very sophisticated electronics, and when your battery nears the end of its life, all sorts of freaky things start happening with the electronics.

If these things check out, yes, you may be looking at a BCM problem. Before they replace it, though, have them make sure all the connections, mounts and grounds to it are in good shape.

Good luck.

Rick

· Registered
79 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the Body Control Module. Where is that located? :gr_patrio

· Registered
1,056 Posts
i have trouble with my horn sometimes when key is off horn works but seems like you have to push hard then stops working altogether after a few times until i turn hey on, open a door or turn on park lights, its very strange

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.