DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the aluminum oil pan a PITA... I think mine is an "X" engine... I have the aluminum cast oil pan... (try to find one in a junk yard!!!)
Is there an engine support to remove... is the bell housing cover a problematic removal... do I need to remove the exhaust ...
any advice would be greatly appreciated... I working with a jack and a couple of stands... ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I removed the whole engine on a '97 2.4 so i'm not sure about just pan removal. The cross member probably will have to come out because the pan has to clear the balance shaft housing which is located inside the oil pan. Good luck with the rear mount. There is a diagonal brace from the top of the mount that goes toward the driver side. I don't think the exhaust is a problem but again I'm not sure because I did a different job. I have an aluminum pan from a '97 2.4 and I'm only guessing that it's the same as a '98 but it's likely it will fit. Make me an offer on the pan.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.