DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my AC works fine until I either 1) take off at a good rate of speed and the AC will stop coming out the AC vents and will be redirected to the Defroster vents, also when i'm driving along at a good speed say 55-60 and I want to say pass someone so I jump on it a little it also just stops coming out the vents and again redirects to the defroster vents, when I let off the gas and the engine starts to slow down the AC will then return to the AC vents , any help would be appreciated, I know its a vacum problem but I had two places check it out and it still happens :(

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
You definelty have a vacuum leak. Tracking it down can be hard.
Do a search for "vacuum leak". There has been a lot of posts on this in the past, and a lot of people have posted where they found their leak at. Mine was in the line that runs underneath the pickup along the passenger frame rail right next to the exhaust. The exhaust heat had burnt a small hole in it. It was really easy and cheap to fix.

·
pakrat
18 Posts
Had same problem on my 94 2500 4x4...was the vacum fitting closest to the firewall that is conected to the climate control vacume hose. Replaced it and everything worked as it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.