DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the exhaust (cat on back) on my 95 RAM 1500 with a 318. Someone just offered me a one year old 3" stainless system off a 98 1500 with a 318. It is the Y pipe to the tail pipe. They didn't have headers, just the stock manifolds. Does any one know if this will bolt up fine? I think the 95 had a smaller exhaust than the 98 and the 3" is over sized as it is. The 98 is using the stock Y pipe.

Ryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more qn qn. If the Y pipe on back or even the cat back from the 98 won't fit on my 95, will the exhaust manifolds from the 98 fit on it so that the 98 system will work? He has a new set that I can have with the system.

·
Registered
549 Posts
it should fit if it is from the same cab/bed setup,maybe anyway.I bet you will find a oxygen sensor difference,the new pipe will probably have at least 1 more than you have now.an easy plug or old sensor will take care of that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just to let you know that the y-pipe and ex. manifolds are a larger dia. then 97' and earlier. the ports on the manifolds are 1-5/8" and the y-pipe is at least a 1/4" to 1/2" larger. so if you use 97' and earlier manifolds and y-pipe you actually might lose power 10 to 15 horses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the y-pipes are matched to the manifolds. so i would stick to the stock y-pipes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
you shouldn't have a problem if it is cat-back exhaust

·
Registered
549 Posts
a 1/4" to 1/2" smaller diameter y pipe is not going to cost no where near 10-15 hp lol maybe 1-2,and thats a big MAYBE.where did you get that idea on the y pipe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.