DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all back again new question. :VHOT: First i had a missing problem in my 98 Durango so i replaced my plugs and wires and that fixed the problem every thing was fine until 2 weeks ago when my Durango won't turn over on the first crank which i have never had problem with ever so i will crank it a 2nd time it cranks and right at the end of the cranking it sounds like it's not going to start but it dose weird so i replaced my distributor cap,rotor and coil which i should have done when i replaced the plugs and wires o well but after i installed the parts and when i try ed starting it it didn't make any deference at all i was not 2 mad because i need to replace them parts any way now here is were you guys come in what is the most likely problem my dad said i might have to re set my distributor timing I am not sure if thats it or not what you all think holla back. Thanks for your time ~Got Dodge?

· Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,372 Posts
Check for proper gap on the plugs, and there is also an idle sensor on the side of the throttle body that may need to be pulled and cleaned.

Try this as well. Just cycle your key on for a few seconds, back off, and back on for a for seconds and then turn to start and see if it cranks up the first try. If it does then you have a fuel delivery problem of some sort, possibly with the fuel pump maintaining pressure.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gap

Yeah the gaps are fine on the plug it set them right when put them in .040 but i will try that other thing you said turning the key thanks for your reply :rck:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok!

Yo i cleaned the idle sensor did change it at all then i tryed turning it on and then off and the try starting it didn't help then i tryed turning it on,off,on,off,on,off,on and then it starts but it but after you real smell fuel i am thinking it might be a fuel filter i bet it is still factory what you all think? hit me back ~GotDodge? :cool:

· Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,372 Posts
Sounds like you have a fuel line leak if you smell a strong fuel smell after it starts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.