DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2 L has a problem with the shift indicator not lining up with the indicator . I don't have that detent feeling when shifting to drive, and it feels like it's not quite in drive, moves but then it will rev like it's in neutral. I can go past drive on the indicator and move it back toward drive and it will stay there while I drive it. Also, another thing is when I shut the truck off, the key will not come out unless I push up on the lever toward Park, then it will come out. What is wrong with the shift linkage that would cause this? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's exactly what you think it is likely..
Things just aren't lined up correctly...
This happened to my wife's Durango when I got underneath the dash to change the heater core... Things got out of alignment because I dropped the steering column down and the dashboard down and when it went back up I didn't get it correct..
You could also check the linkage down by the transmission as well but likely it's a simple fix with a lot of fiddling to get to it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still haven't been able to determine why the shifting indicator doesn't line up properly with the D position, and also have to push the lever counterclockwise to get the key to release. 98 Dodge 4X4, auto trans. 5.2L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts