DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 98 dodge 318, QC 1500 is making an odd noise. It sounds like water is rushing or circulating underneath the passenger side dash...near the heater element/coil. It has done this for a long time...however it recently has gotten much worse? Any advice appreciated.

thanks

· Rammin
345 Posts
Hey, i have a 98 and mine has done the same thing since i got my water pump redone along time ago. I dont know what it is, but i think it will not hurt anything. Mine has been doing it for over 60,000 miles now and i havent had any problems so if i were u i wouldnt even worry bout it, thats my 2 cents.

· 4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,520 Posts
Mine was doing that and I was told that it was because it was low on coolant. I added some and it stopped doing it. But that was a few months ago and I recently heard the noise again so either it still does it or I just need more coolant again.

· Registered
13,580 Posts
you need to start truck and get it up to operating temps. turn heat on full blast and add coolant to radiator. keep doing this till it shows full. then add some to your overfill tank if needed. let it cycle on the heater for a few minutes and add more. it has air in the lines which is what you hear in the dash. mine does it now because i got a pinhole in my radiator and lose enough coolant to cause air bubles. the air bubbles will cause you to not get good heat also.

· Registered
444 Posts
I had the same problem, i had a pin hole leak in the by-pass hose on the water pump. after replacing it, no more air was getting to the heater core. Like jmw says, run the heat on full blast to get all the air out from the heater core lines, after you've found and fixed your leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.