DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a problem with my front wipers. The intermittent setting only works for 1 minute or so. The low and hi "full on" settings are fine. To add to the merriment, the wipers will ocassionally not turn off at all.

I see see a few posts on this, but no resolution. Is the wiper stalk easy to replace? Or could this be some BCM-related malfunction?

·
Registered
629 Posts
wipers

Probably a stalk problem . Might be a wiper motor problem , probably would start with the stalk . Don't think I have ever heard of it being a bcm problem even though it does run thru the bcm .

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wipers would not come (on) changed Stalk, tried another motor, played with fuse block, finally took apart BCM found burnt computer chip. I replaced BCM with one from the same year 1997 from the auto wreckers Wipers work fine now, but headlights flash like a cop car ???

·
Registered
629 Posts
oldscool said:
My wipers would not come (on) changed Stalk, tried another motor, played with fuse block, finally took apart BCM found burnt computer chip. I replaced BCM with one from the same year 1997 from the auto wreckers Wipers work fine now, but headlights flash like a cop car ???
The bcm probably came out of one of those umarked minvans that cops use to chase people down !!! :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
On the older vans its located on the lower center piller just above the floor behind a plastic cover.

BCM's can cause a few problems, mainly with the dash and sometimes wipers and lights. How to fix? Well you can just replace the damn thing, or pay a mechanic to do it. Or if you know how to pilot a soldering iron, you can touch up those soldered connections on the printed circuit board.

The repair is very simple, and is performed as follows:

Remove the BCM
Remove the cover
Remove solder from ALL joints
Re-solder all joints
Clean the flux residue from the PCB
Spray on conformal coating
Replace the cover
Re-Install in vehicle

Or just go to a junkyard and find one or two and see if they work.

Cheers
Chet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.