DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998.5 Ram 3500 4x4 with an auto tranny and 4.10's. I have slightly larger tires 235's. I was on a trip and was low on fuel when I stopped at a reputable station and filled up. When I left the gas station and re-entered the highway I reached about 60-65 mph and the engine bogged down. Peddle to the floor no power and slowing down. I lifted my foot and slowly pressed again and regained power to a certain point and then again bogged. I couldn't go faster than 60-65 mph. I usually go about 75-80 no problem. from a stop it has plenty of power and I even hear the turbo whine and feel the power. I thought maybe it was bad fuel so put diesel fuel additive. After a tank full it got better. But just yesturday it happened again. I have read most of the posts but they talk about a slow speed dead peddle. I haven't read any like this. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
get that lift pump changed ASAP ! You'll fry your injection pump, if you don't

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read my codes today and get no codes. I figured that the lift pump and the transfer pump is the same, correct? What would be the best replacement and cost. Is it something I would be able to do or is it strictly for the experts? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
What's your lift pump fuel pressure?
If you don't have a gauge, you can buy one at your local auto parts store for the price of a fuel pressure check at a shop.
After attaching it, turn your keyswitch just enough to bump the starter then quickly release for a free 25 second lift pump run. Check the gauge quick before the pump stops and report yer pressure here.

Here's some pics:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.