DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 1500 that the 5.2 keeps dieing on me. It will even die when you are driving, but only when you take your foot off the gas. Most of the time though it is when you first start it or when you are shifting from park to drive. It will always start right back up and sometimes stay running sometimes it will die again as soon as you take your foot of the go pedal. I have replaced the Crankshaft Position sensor thinking that was the problem only to have it keep doing it. I also in the last 6 months replaced the plugs, wires and rotor.
Any idea on this would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of patience with trying to figure it out.

Thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
battery or alt going dead? worst case is your ECM is going out. if ya have a CE light scan the codes and see what is coming up.

also check your cam sensor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have noticed that my lights dim when the tac starts to drop. I don't know if its because its close to dieing or because the battery/alt is going bad which is why it's dieing. I have tried to scan the codes with 3 different code readers and it won't let me in to even look at the codes.
Thanks for the info.

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
OTE,

What you've described is the problem of a dirty IAC.

This procedure should fix it. It's written for any of the Dodge Truck Magnum engines. However, this job was done on a Ram Van.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114679

You will not get any codes with a dirty IAC.

Stev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.