DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Hi. I think I posted this to the wrong place. I just signed on today. My stratus is a 4cyl. auto with 81k miles. My husband took it to get gas last week, drove it home, and the next morning when I cranked it, put it in drive, it tried to cut off (as usual) on cold start. It cut off before I could get my foot to the gas to rev it up. It does fine after. Usually. It wouldn't start again. It tries but will not completely crank. All lights work, etc.
Six months ago it lost power and cut off and left me stranded. It would not completely crank then either. I had it towed and a new timing chain and pulley put on for over 300.00,and it hasn't given any trouble since. Anyone have any ideas? My son in law said it is getting gas but no fire. I love the boy but he can't fix his own car ;) and I am afraid he will make it worse. He said it was probably the coil? Please help. I have no way of getting around without my car. Thanks in advance

·
Official qwerty thief
2,319 Posts
it could be but i would check into the TPs or the crank shaft positioning sensor osunds more of na electricla problem and i think the shop kinda took ya for a ride on the other stuff then agian at about 80k not a bad idea naywyas price was about right thou

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.