Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today the power door locks on my Stratus went crazy. They just sort of go up and down at random times doing that horn chirp thing. Pretty irritating. I disconnected the battery for the evening. Any suggestions as to what this could be? Some module somewhere? Oh. By the way I took the battery out of the remote thinking maybe it was the problem but that was not it.

Is this a common problem on these cars???

Thanks!

Dave P

·
Registered
1 Posts
99 Stratus doing similar thing

I've got a 99 Stratus that has started with the "open door" ding randomly. At the same time, the interior light comes on, like the door has been opened, and from time to time, the locks make the sound that they're locking or trying to. It seems to happen mostly in right turns, but it's been known to happen driving straight down the highway.

Additionally, the passenger side front door makes a different noise, but doesn't actually lock or unlock the door.

Any thoughts?

PS: I've also noticed recently that the bolts around the door latch mechanism on the drivers door are loose, but I don't seem to be able to tighten them at all, almost as though they aren't contacting anything with threads at the far end. One will slide completely out if I open the door wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No thoughts

Hey! Thanks for the reply. No. I have no thoughts... When my Stratus acted up a week ago I took the battery cable off and let it sit overnight since I didn't know if it would run the battery down, keep us up at night, or what. I have another car so it was no big deal. I hooked the battery up a couple of days later and it has not happened since. I got a Stratus Shop Manual from the library and it had NOTHING about the remote door locks. I just wanted to know what fuse to pull if need be or where the module is. Nothing! So I'm just hanging in there.

Good luck!

Dave P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.