DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 97 Status with 81k miles. It is a 4cyl. automatic. My husband put gas in it last week, and drove it home with no problems.The next morning I cranked the car, put it in drive, and it tried to cut off as usual on first startup. I moved my foot to the gas, but the car cut off before I could rev it up some. It will turn but not completely crank.
Six months ago, it lost power and cut off and wouldn't completely crank then either. I had it towed and the timing chain and pulley replaced at the tune of over 300.00. And since, I haven't had any problems other than it trying to cut off upon cold start. Once it is given some gas, it does fine.
I have no idea what to do. My son in law said it is getting gas but not firing and that it might be the coil. I love the boy but he can't fix his own car ;) .
Any suggestions would be wonderful. The car did not come with an owners manual. I have had it over a year.
Thanks,
Shirley :help:

·
MR *DE*
7,544 Posts
welocoem to dodgetalk
you may what to do to the stratus section a
you may get some better help there

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
welcome to dodgetalk. :D

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk, Shirley!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.