DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I go to start the truck and it just turns over. So I hold the gas down some and she starts right up. As long as I give it gas she will run but if I let off the gas it stalls. Any suggestions what to look for?

Mark

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like the battery got a little low or went dead. Same thing happened to me over the summer. You have an idle memory in the PCM and it sounds like you may have lost it. All you have to do is start the truck and hold the throttle at about 1000 rpm for 5- 10 minutes. After that you should be able to release the throttle and everything should be back to normal. Hope this helps. Let us know what the outcome is/was.

·
Registered
287 Posts
if not it could be your tps...ive had my tps go out and my truck would stay running..

·
Registered
359 Posts
Griz64 said:
Sounds like the battery got a little low or went dead. Same thing happened to me over the summer. You have an idle memory in the PCM and it sounds like you may have lost it. All you have to do is start the truck and hold the throttle at about 1000 rpm for 5- 10 minutes. After that you should be able to release the throttle and everything should be back to normal. Hope this helps. Let us know what the outcome is/was.

this more than likey is the correct one to go with.i had a buddy that his battery would always die,that would ALWAYS happen.just keep on the gas for a lil bit.you should be good.

·
Derelict
392 Posts
If the battery is toast then there isn't enough voltage at idle and the PCM shuts down. Any battery shop can do a load test.

The IAC (idle air controller) can be stuck and need cleaning or replacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.