DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was coming back from up north this weekend and my drivers side lo beam went out. i thought well that sucks so i go get a new set of light bulbs on tuesday and put them in, in the parking lot. i turn my lights on they both work great so i switch to high beams to make sure they work to and they do so i flick it back and my lows come on for about 1 second and then the same one went out again. so wensday night i am leaving work and i turn my lights on well just the one thats working and about 10 seconds after turning them on out goes my poassenger side lo beam. both highs work great and still do. i chcked the wires going to the head lights they both look good and all the connections are good to. after i bought the new lights i was looking at the old ones and realized they were only about 2 year old sylvania silverstars so they shouldn't of gone. so now i am lost and am looking for something to check. i have had it before where switching from my highs to my lows that the lows won't come on and i flick high to lo again and they come on. anybody got a clue as to what the hell is going on with my truck? oh yeah its a 97 1500 5.2 2wd :VHOT:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know this is an old post but I have had similar problems with my lights although I would loose both of my low beams at the same time.... The only thing was that the bulbs in mine were still good... I found that I had a short in the steering column. If I put the tilt wheel all the way down, I would loose my low beams but my high beams would still work. One notch up on the tilt and everything would be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.