Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have 1997 Grand Caravan SE. It has 113K miles on it. Motor size is 3.3. I have strange problem. When I turn on my A/C it will give me cold air on driver's side but hot air on passenger side. It has a dual system and in rear it will also be hot. I have checked all swithches and gears and nothing seems to help. I am in real bad situation as my children start screaming when I turn on a/c. :VHOT: :VHOT:

Any help will be appreciated. I am thinking to take it to dealer but am afraid as it might cost a lot. Thanks.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Welcome to Dodgetalk.com friend! Sorry to hear about your problem, but it sounds like a plenum chamber door malfunction and I'm sure you don't wanna go and tear apart your dash to get to the problem.

You may wanna go take it into an independent shop for repair if you don't want to see your local dealership.

Good luck!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Also consider the possibility that the head unit (by that I mean the control panel on the dashboard) has some problems. These things are rebuildable, and there are rebuilders out there who will just send you a rebuilt one if you send them your bad one. The price runs around $100, maybe a little more. If it is your head unit, it's definitely a do-it-yourself job, 20 minutes to swap them using a phillips-head screwdriver, and maybe a small flathead to help release the plastic connectors for the wiring harness.

Buying one from the dealer is, as you might imagine, outrageous.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.