DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 97 dakota i just change the oil sinding unit out. When im driving the oil pressure stays just above 40 when i stop it goes down to the first line
not 0 but the first line. Is this normal or should i change the oil pump. please help

·
Registered
17 Posts
mine does this too
i looked around on the site here and talked to a buddy and this is normal.
i dont like it kinda freaks me out alittle. but with more rpm's the more the oil presure gets ..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it freaks me out to because i drive to california every 3 mounth to the doctor im on disabilaty and im 28 thank you for your response it makes me feel better

·
Registered
16 Posts
The factory gauges aren't very accurate they are basically there just to tell you if there is a problem. So you're probably ok just make sure you check the oil and if you notice anything really funny shut it down asap don't chance it.

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not yet ive only had it for a mounth and some one hit and dinted the back driver side
small dint big fix cost 399.99 i want to fix that first and i whanted to make sure the engine is runing good to then ill start upgrading starting with rihno lining. right now all stock but the paint got painted 2 days befor i bought it and thay dident paint any of
the dakota signs back on so my truck is white with no name but the dodge simble on the hood can you buy decals for them.

·
An Army of One
1,227 Posts
Sorry to say that isn't normal!!!!
Get a new sending unit, that will more than likely
fix the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
sending unit? only one i ever heard of is a fuel sending unit...do you mean oil pump????
i know alot of cars and trucks that do the oil thing thou . alot of them are race cars/trucks too..not just personal trucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no it's a oil presure sending unit it's on the back of your engine right below the dastribater any wase i went and got a new sending unit from napa and i found out that autozone isent the place to buy car parts ther is to tipes of units one for when you have a dummy light and one when you dont autozone dident tell me that and i got to units from them and neather worked but the one i got from napa workes perfect and my oil presure dont drop no more so go to napa not autozone it sucks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it is 26.00 29.25 after taxes takes 5 min and thats it but you got to buy the socket for it it 5.00 but it reel easy i did it in the parking lot.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 98 does the same thing, ill try the fix. hate to tell you though,they jiped you onthe socket, I work in a tool store an we sell the same thing for $2.99.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's cause i bought brand name i dont buy it if it is not made hear i havent had any more trouble with that since. Your oil presure gages are more accurate than people
think it's just more likley that the sending unit go bad than the oil pump it also could mean than your oil needs to be flushed mine was cloted so i flush it but it dident help the sinding unit was the coprit.

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Yep. my 2000 did the same thing. Nothing to worry about, unless we're all in trouble! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.