DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several electrical issues: The most important is the drivers side brake light isn't working, not the bulb. Right side works fine, as well as turn signals and running lights.

The other is when the wipers are on intermittent, they occasionally run continuously for a moment then go back to intermittent.

The next is (I have done a little reading on the forum about this) occasionally the speed & tach don't work. When you shut off and restart it seems to work fine. Similarly, sometimes you start up the car and none of the electricals work: Blower, radio, windows,etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nobody else tried, So I'll give it a whack.

<<<I have several electrical issues: The most important is the drivers side brake light isn't working, not the bulb. Right side works fine, as well as turn signals and running lights.>>> Try fuse #5 or 4.
Brake lights are individually fused.

<<<The other is when the wipers are on intermittent, they occasionally run continuously for a moment then go back to intermittent.>>>
Isn't that normal... Unless it runs on for a minute.. DONT KNOW!

<<<The next is (I have done a little reading on the forum about this) occasionally the speed & tach don't work. When you shut off and restart it seems to work fine. Similarly, sometimes you start up the car and none of the electricals work: Blower, radio, windows,etc.>>>
Possible bad ignition switch. Dirty contacts in ON position. Sometime a wiggle of the key would help. Only happened on my wife. Drove me crazy.

Or a last resort, Reset the BCM by removing the battery terminal for 5 minutes.

Good Luck

·
Registered
821 Posts
For the brake light, be sure the socket is clean with no corrosion. If it is, check how the socket is grounded as that is often the problem.
Most likely the problem with the blower, windows etc. not working is the ignition switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.