DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these cd players just too old? Mine's the cd player/AM/FM radio, no tape deck. Is there something wrong with mine?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Rick

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
the older model CD players won't read burned CDs.
Get a newer model or buy the CDs from the store.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's probably because the cd's you burned are in MP3 format, which your stock CD player wont recognize. You can change them to WMA' with your computer. Or buy a CD player that will read MP3's.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I had the same problem with my 98. I ended up buying a 12 disc cd changer. It was cheaper than a new radio.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Loud_Dodge said:
It's probably because the cd's you burned are in MP3 format, which your stock CD player wont recognize. You can change them to WMA' with your computer. Or buy a CD player that will read MP3's.
even if the media is burned in the correct format, some older CD players won't read them.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
chizzle1 said:
even if the media is burned in the correct format, some older CD players won't read them.
He is correct. Some older players won't even play some newer store-bought cds. All of these new security features that these companies are imposing are actually disallowing some older players to play them. Unless you have a way of firmware-updating the old player, then I would just get a newer one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.