DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds dumb. but my girlfriend just got a 96 status and the horn is not working. And I looked around the front of the car and under the hood but I did not see it any where. Can any one tell me where it is?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't think the horn is bad. First, check the fuse and relay. The Chiltons book will show you where to find them.
The fuse should be behind the drivers fuse panel (side of the dash when the door is open), and the relay under the hood with other fuse links and relays.
Relays are at the junk yard cheap. The junk yard (one that allows you to pull your own parts off) are a great place to learn. You should find many Stratus/Cirrus/Sebring/Avenger/Breeze in different states of undo. Many parts are the same among these models. The Horn is behind the nose/bumper cover.

If this is your first Stratus, to keep the cool lines the Stratus has, Mopar put some things where you wouldn't expect. The battery is in front of the left tire, use the under hood posts to jump start. Your '96 may use the "Key Dance" to access error codes. (on,off,on,off,on- check engine flashes error codes) Little "Mopar" things.
If she plans the keep it a while (and she should), get the Chilton book and read it. The questions it can't answer, we can. There's some purdy smart Mo-heads here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts