DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys recently my wife dodge caravan shutoff completely when I was driving to work one morning. I had to pull over and stop for 5 minutes and restart again. Since that time, I got a check engine light coming on and off every once in a while. now there are blinking light on the wiper/defrost panel, it goes away and on again. I was told by a mechanic that it could be the engine/transmission position sensor. If anyone knows what I needs to do please post it. :help

·
Registered
629 Posts
shutoff

I would have the battery checked and clean all the battery posts and the inside of the battery cables . Flashing AC lights is usually caused by voltage interuption from the battery and or a weak battery . Have the battery load tested at your favorite parts store and clean the inside of the battery cables . Don't know if that is related to the car shutting off at 65 though .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, I changed the battery shortly after problems occurred, but flashing still there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It sounds like the CAM Position Sensor to me. I had one go on my 2001 GC EX and the same thing would happen Car just shut off at whatever speed. I think the part was $60-$70 and an Hour labor to install at the Stealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.