DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 4x4
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 96 Ram for sale a few months ago. I saw it was a 5.9 but I don’t know if it’s a Cummins or a magnum. The vin is
1B7KF23Z9TJ164987
I don’t know if it’s a Cummins because they decided (Ram) to make a magnum and it also be a 5.9 and then some guy in WV comes along and sees that they are both a 5.9 and both are les than 20 valves and I get mad because I don’t know if it’s a Cummins or not because they are really hard to see the difference.

Sorry if I got really mad there, just mad that the folks over at Magnum made it almost the same to a 5.9 Cummins.
Cheers!

·
Red Trucker
2,083 Posts
I get that you have a second place flag on your profile, but I figured even in WV people know how to read lol. I said it was a 360/5.9 (precisely the whole reason I put the "360" first, as I figured MAYBE it might be less confusing for you...apparently I was wrong). I'm guessing you couldn't be bothered to open up the build sheet link where you could read it for yourself....

·
Registered
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 4x4
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I did read it (the build sheet) but I was just confirming it. I can read. In fact I can speak and read a few words in Swedish and Finnish. Say 5 each

·
Registered
381 Posts
I saw a 96 Ram for sale a few months ago. I saw it was a 5.9 but I don’t know if it’s a Cummins or a magnum. The vin is
1B7KF23Z9TJ164987
I don’t know if it’s a Cummins because they decided (Ram) to make a magnum and it also be a 5.9 and then some guy in WV comes along and sees that they are both a 5.9 and both are les than 20 valves and I get mad because I don’t know if it’s a Cummins or not because they are really hard to see the difference.

Sorry if I got really mad there, just mad that the folks over at Magnum made it almost the same to a 5.9 Cummins.
Cheers!
A Magnum is a Magnum and a Cummins is a Cummins. There's no confusion. If it's a 5.9, then it's a Magnum 360. If it's a Cummins they'll call it a Cummins right off the bat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts