DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan. When it gets humid or after a hard long rain and if we just opened an closed the rear hatch and we drive and step on the brake the gas gauge goes to empty. Also after closing the hatch the lights on the inside of the rear hatch are dimmer than they should. Also when we step on the brake and apply either the left or right turn signal the turn signal blinks much faster. What could be in the rear hatch to cause this? To me it sounds like a bad ground happening when it gets humid or wet. If I slam the rear hatch closed a couple of times this solves the problem, but I would like to know what causes the problem to begin with.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmmm

The only things I know of, in the lift gate, are the wiper motor, the 3rd brake light, the rear speakers, and the int. lights. I'm guessing it's in the 3rd brake light. When it rains really hard, water pours out of the plastic interior trim inside the liftgate when I open mine up on my 94 GC. The same thing happens to my buddies 94 GC. It's probably moisture in the connection somewhere. :IDEA:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

Well when I open the hatch all is ok. I mean I can step on the brake and the gas gauge doesn't go down. It only happens when the hatch is closed. So there must be something in the latching that causes this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.