DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CODE 25** Idle air control (IAC) valve circuits.A shorted condition is detected in one or more of the IAC valve circuits.Or a vacuum leak has been detected

Just got this code on my 1995 neon sport. I have not looked at it yet but i will tonight when i get home. So im asking for any tips on what to look for.
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can someone give me a clue as to where the the IAC sensor is? I checked for a vacume leak and could not realy find one but im not a master tech.
Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
When you are looking at your throttle body from the front of the car there are two sensors on the left hand side. The one towards the front is the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), and the one towards the back is the Idle Air Control sensor.

You might be lucky and it just came unplugged.

If you aren't that luck, what you can try to do is disconnect your battery then take your throttle body off the car and take the TPS and IAC off the Throttle Body. Clean everything with throttle body cleaner. Put it all back together and reconnect your battery.

Start it up and see what happens.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The wiring for the IAC runs in a bundle that might be rubbing up against the sharp edge of the valve cover - shorted out my TPS that way...

Best of luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.