Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 95 Dakota ext. cab 4wd Sport with a 3.9L V-6 and 5-speed manual with 170K. I have a friend who is looking to sell his '96 Dakota reg. cab, short bed 4WD Sport with the 3.9L and 5 speed manual trans with ultra-low (40K) I am considering buying the vehicle as a source of major parts (engine, trans, axles, etc) but want to make sure that there are no differences in the engine, transmission and transfer case between the 95 and 96. From what I can tell, these vehicles appear to have exactly the same engine and tranny, although somewhat different accessories (like radiator), but I don't know of any literature that would confirm this.

Anyone know if in fact my observations are correct and I could pull his 3.9L and/or tranny out and bolt it right up to mine? The only thing that I expect might be different is the drive shaft length? I'd appreciate any assistance or information on where I might be able to look this information up.

Thanks,

Bill Romberg
Anchorage, Alaska

·
Registered
42 Posts
the engine and trans are identical.you will have to use your driveshaft and radiator. accessories are also identical.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
if you don't mind driving a RC, why don't you just drive his 96 instead ?

I'm pretty sure in the 95 the engines had egr, the 96 didn't. I'm not too sure on this, but I think the 96 dodge switched to obdIII from obd II, but don't quote me on that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.