DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I have been lurking in the shadows for a while and have worked up enough courage to make my first post.

I have a 94 3500 with 250,000 miles on it. When I bought the truck it had a "miss" at idle. After driving it for about 30,000 miles I got tires of the miss. I removes the injector pump and took it to a reputable shop that only does pumps. After talking to the manager I decided to install the largest torque plate available.

After the overhaul about $1500 later I got the pump back along with a box of parts that had to be replaced in the pump. The first one was the cam. It seems that the roller tappet that runs on the cam had a bearing seize up. That is what was causing the miss.

The "tower" that holds the "barrel" the fuel lines hook to was also sheared off just below the O ring.

I was told I was to expect about 300 hp from my old engine. Well it has a lot more hp than it used to. I also installed 4 inch exhaust from the turbo out and a K&N ail filter at the same time.

I will now burn one set of duals in second gear. A great improvement HuH?

Andy

· 96 2500 cummins
51 Posts
cool glad to here there is a slight difference in power for you :rck: i have an appointment next friday to get my 96 extended cab turned up cant wait although the automatic tranny probably isnt in a hurry for the power boost :thatfunny .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.