DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey yall, im looking at a 1994 or 95...cant remember exactly 2500 reg cab long bed with the v10. its black with a gold pinstripe and a diamond plate toolbox, som Maxxis Buckhot mud tires, etc, etc, 4x4 only 65000 miles for $10,000. ive tried talking the dealer down to like 7500 but they wont budge. is this a good deal?

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
I paied 10.5K for my 98 V10 with 100k miles on it 1 3/4 year ago. I'd say that price is way to high. Righ now my truck is blue booked at 7-8K. I wouldn't go above 7K for it being that old.
Check kbb on it and bring it in.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Go to kbb.com which is the kelly blue book and look up the truck- Average condition with that low milage maybe at $7500 for private party sale, $8500 dealer fully detailed and no repair issues. Basically in the market 4X4 is good Standard cab is bad. And pray that gas prices continue to go down. Good luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
the kelly blue book doesn't have a option to check for the v-10 dealer value is 5500 or so and about 4000 for private party sale so that price is too high they are trying to sell you the mileage, but they are full of sh&% at that price, I recently purchased my 1997 4x4 with 203,000 mi. on it for $2,500 the truck is in really good shape otherwise. so keep looking, there are good deals out there

·
Registered
122 Posts
the kelly blue book doesn't have a option to check for the v-10 dealer value is 5500 or so and about 4000 for private party sale so that price is too high they are trying to sell you the mileage, but they are full of sh&% at that price, I recently purchased my 1997 4x4 with 203,000 mi. on it for $2,500 the truck is in really good shape otherwise. so keep looking, there are good deals out there

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
The dealer loves to $(rew you. When I was looking for a truck I found a 98 1500 for $15k and it had around 150k miles. After I drove it I found out it needed both doors fixed, both front U joints were barley hanging on and both hub bearings were shot. There was more wrong with it. I would have never made it home. They wouldn't budge on the price. I would have paid 2k for it max.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I walked away from it as soon as they syarted laying some sort of "guilt" trip on me sayin its time to "step up to the plate" or some gay shit like that...thay were really hounding me about the low miles...i said "you are starting to piss me off...this is not what you do to get me on your side dumbass!" i was just curious about what kind of deal I couldve worked with em but forget that now...I dont think they realized my 2002 is all mine...loan is already in my name, etc...damn dealers

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Yeah they will give you a run for your money for sure. Good thing you walked away from that one. Sure it may have low miles, but it's also the years the truck has been around that will degrade parts, not just how many miles that have been driven. Good luck on your search, you will find a better deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.