DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my transmission rebuilt by a reputable mechanic that our family hase used for years. One day after getting the van back, it wouldn't go into reverse up a hill (made a rough sound like the tranny was grinding.) Took it back to the mechanic, he checked it out, said a wire was shorting and replaced it and that fixed the problem. The next day we took a trip. We had traveled about 70 miles and were going up a hill, when the van started bucking and jerking. We pulled over and it died.

Since we were in the middle of nowhere, I restarted the van after about 20 minutes, and started towards home. The van ran fine all the home (70 miles) then started the bucking and jerking about one block from home. We made it to the house. The next day (Monday) I took it to a another mechanic. It ran fine, he drove it and checked the trouble shooting codes. No problem. Later that day I took it out on a gravel road and it started bucking and jerking again. Stopped for 10 minutes and then was able to make it home only to have it start the same problem about 100 yards from home.

Any ideas on what it could be???

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
if one presumes that the transmission is not at fault, I would start by looking for a fault in the fuel delivery system.

You have not mentioned what size engine you have in the vehicle

You should find out if the engine computer is setting trouble codes

I would suggest the first thing to do is to determine that the engine is getting fuel in sufficient volume and at the proper pressure.

depending on the engine management system and the parameters it monitors, a defective or tired fuel pump, restricted fuel lines or a plugged filter can result in low fuel pressure, low fuel volume or both and the computer will not store a code for these conditions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.