DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Took a stroll to a friends about 2 hrs with 0 shifting problems at 60-65mph .So Tonight at 1am i am coming home from a 2 hr drive and the damn trans would not shift to OD so i pull into a gas station and added 1/2 quart of AFT and started shifting way better so i added the rest and had 0 problems .About 15 min from my house it started acting like iit was on ICE and weird.
SO I did a filter /trans gasket about feb of 2008 and redone the trans gasket 3 weeks agao with 0 shifting problems Using ATF+4 .SO my question is could 1 q of atf mixed with ATF+4 be a Bad thing? or should i just buy a new trans kit and new ATF+4 fluid and redo it?could the old Filter of Fallen off into the trans pan and be causing these problems and i just filled it so it could siphon up extra fluid?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well anyways i found my problem .It was Leaking but it was runing into the frame of the van and only making puddles when i drive not parked . So i lost 1/2 my fluid.I took it to the trans shop anyways they tightened the bolts and toped it off.They also ran a diog and made sure the clutch/bands where still good he said at 160k miles he give the trans another 60-70k miles. which is awesome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.