DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help! I'm in the Northeast and it's getting COLD!! I have just repaired my blower motor resistor and now have all fans speeds again. Although the vehicle comes up to temperture normally (NOT the t-stat issue), I have only cool air through the selected location (deforst, vent, floor, etc). Can someone tell me where the heater control valve is for the front heater core? Can I simply remove this and replace with a straight splice to get me through winter? Thanks in advance! Jim T [email protected]

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More info...

On my 1993 Grand caravan AWD with 3.3L, I followed the heater line that come from the water pump and from the top driver side of the engine. The one that come off the engine, goes right to a 3 way "splitter" located behind the drivers side rear of the engine and from there to the passenger compartment front heater core right tube. The second hose, from the water pump, goes to a 3 way "splitter" (where the rear heater bypass valve used to be) and then to the passenger compartment front heater core left tube. I believe the 3 way splitters feed the rear heater core. I don't care if the rear heater works or not as I only carry tools and so forth back there.

Can I connect the heater feed hoses (one from the driver side engine top, and the second from the water pump) directly to the heater core tubes located middle top of the firewall? Is there a bypass valve that restricts flow through the front passenger compartment heater core? I looke online and see that there is supposed to be one that has an inlet, an outlet and a vacuum nipple.

If there is one, it must be located somewhere inside the van, because there is not one in the engine compartment (I previously replaced the rear heater bypass valve with a streaight 3 way splitter). Can anyone tell me if there is one and where I could locate it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.