DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing both drive axle assemblies. Rh side went ok, no problems. LH side I am having major problems. Seems like the new drive axle assy is to long which made reassembling the LH side a problem. There is no play on the LH side. The RH side has all kinds of play. Per the manual you can loosen the motor mounts and shift the engine to one side. Has anybody had this problem?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
before you go messing with re-aligning the engine/transmission assembly I would take the shaft that appears to be too long back to where you got it from and confirm ensure that they provided the proper part; or, if you still have the old one, measure them/compare them for size

it is not unheard of to be sold the wrong part and it is sometimes very easy to overlook the obvious

I have changed out a few drive axles on Chrysler minivans and have never encountered a problem

measure the shafts to be sure that you have the right one

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I would have to agree with Mike. I've changed both sides, this year, on my '95, with zero problems...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks! I pulled the part back out and took it back to AutoZone and they pulled another one, and it was shorter! Took it back home and installed with no problem. I should have looked closer when I was swapping out the parts. I waited a week to install the LH side and I had already returned the original for the core charge. Thanks again. Tommorow I am taking the van to get 2 new front tires and an alignment!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.