DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy everyone..i've got a 93 ram 150 standard cab short bed 4x4 with a 318 and auto tranny. truck has been nothing but a headache since i bought it back in march. had it 3 days, and the tranny went. got it replaced free of charge by the dealer i bought it off of. go down to pick it up, get half way home, and a tranny line breaks, causing it to loose all the fluid at 75mph down the interstate. after having the tranny rebuilt the second time, i threw a rod. got another motor for it, and put it in. it ran perfectly in the truck i pulled it out of (another 93 150) but wont run good in my truck. there is one vacuum fitting on the left side of the manifold (looking from the front) that is supposed to be fore 4x4 and climate control. well i cannot come up with a hose that will be fore the 4x4. plugging it, it runs like crap, letting it leak it runs better???

it pulled two codes..one was for the voltage to the MAP sensor, the other was for a short or vacuum leak in the egr circuit. the egr vacuum lines are hooked up properly, so i'm assuming that the leak described above is what is causing that.
the truck will run decently for a few minutes, then it will start missing and cutting out. there is an old timer who runs a garage up the road from me who is looking at it now, but he seems even more lost than i am.

any suggestions before i take it to the dealer???

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
nice truck. can you post a pic of vacumn line you are referring to.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For a 93, sure is a great looking truck too bad engine & tranny breakdowns. Question: where can I get/procure the side step and cap visors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.