DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 d-250 ex-cab, the headliner is falling down. tonight i took out the entire headboard. has anyone ever re-glued a liner or had it done. if so how easy and or hard is it... or how much did it cost? thanks! mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey i tried on my truck its a real pain. if you do it your self just get some 3m glue or any kind of glue for fabric then make sure you really clean of that piece of card board. make sure there is no old glue or loose foam then spry both fabric and liner then stick em togeather and let it sit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks... bigger problems to take care of now... would you believe it if i told you a saturn beat my truck up?

·
Registered
155 Posts
hmm saggy headliner, being beat up by a saturn. i think you should take the insurance money, buy another dodge and give me your so i can....um take the evil out of it. dont worry i will "dispose" of it so that it gives you no more problems ;) lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the very generous offer, but i must decline. the truck looks absolutely wonderful with no headboard at all (a little loud in the rain though) and i plan to take a rubber mallet to the dent... check came from the insurance company today over $3200... no if only my wife would let me use it to "turn up" the diesel!

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Micaiahfied said:
thanks for the very generous offer, but i must decline. the truck looks absolutely wonderful with no headboard at all (a little loud in the rain though) and i plan to take a rubber mallet to the dent... check came from the insurance company today over $3200... no if only my wife would let me use it to "turn up" the diesel!
Thats exactly what I was about to suggest to ya. In my old 90 Ram, I pulled the entire headliner and board out. I was suprised to find the roof was painted the same color as the truck, and I never did get a new one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when i was at the auto parts store i found a spray can of glue... i am gonna give it a shot, if it doesn't fix it i am not worried, but i have found that the headboard also acts as somewhat of a heatshield on hot sunny days, it's a lot hotter in the truck without it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As others have mentioned, be extra sure to remove all the old foam rubber backing of the original fabric as that's what has failed due to time and heat.

If not, it'll just come apart again, regardless of the adheasive used. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.