DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope someone can give me some help, advice or guidence with this problem. I have a 92 Caravan 5 spd with a 2.5L engine. Got it for a great price and despite never thinking I would be a mini-van kinda guy it has turned out to be the perfect 2nd vehicle for my needs. I had left it unlocked one night only to find my ignition switch on the floor. Kids had tried to steal it and in the process scortched some wiring. I have gone thru the thankless task of removing the dash and sorting thru the wire harness repairing any wires that showed any signs of damage. The only wire that really got overheated was the wire connecting the emergency brake switch. So now I have everything back in place, all connections connected, and most of the screws back (there always seems to be one or two extra on a project like this) and when I insert the key the dash doesn't light up but signal lights work, headlights work, heater fan works but turn the key and nada, zip. I have tested the starter with boosters and it works but engine doesnt' fire. Not sure if its a simple as a burnt out relay or something more. I do have a Haynes manual but the wiring diagrams leave a lot to be desired. I appreciate any and all help with my problem.

Thanks

Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.