DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing the fog lamp bulb conversion that most have done. The bulbs I will be using are Philips Vision 50% brighter bulbs, I used these before and they work great. I should have pics up by tomorrow evening of before and after shots.

Attachments

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Cool. I did the 9005 mod a lil over a year ago. Mucho brighter. :tup:

KB

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you happen to have any night pics?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
No, sorry amigo. Besides one of the fog bulbs burned out recently. So I am a 3-eyed beast going down the street right now. lol

KB

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KB112 said:
No, sorry amigo. Besides one of the fog bulbs burned out recently. So I am a 3-eyed beast going down the street right now. lol

KB
lol..its cool, cant wait to get mine put in. I was amazed when I had the 9006 philips visions in, now I cant wait to see how the 9005s would be.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I have written it up before and posted info in the General section. Maybe if I get spare time I will write it up.

KB

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the link. Do you have any night time pics?

· Registered
423 Posts
I will get some tonight. But i will say the 9005's are much brighter that the 9006's. :rck:

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool thanks, I should be doing mine tonite. This will be a great way to show comparsion pics of different manufacturers bulbs for other members to see.

· Registered
423 Posts
Not a problem I was camping about a year ago and we went to Wal-mart to get a few things. I walked back to automotive to look around and they had the 2-pack GE Nighthawk bulbs on clearance for $8. Needless to say i bought several packs. They were around $30 for the 2-pack bulbs before they went on clearance.

· Registered
423 Posts
Also i like the GE Nighthawks better than the silverstars in my Dodge Dakota, but that's just my opinion on them

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Silver05Quad said:
Also i like the GE Nighthawks better than the silverstars in my Dodge Dakota, but that's just my opinion on them
Damn, you got a great deal on those nighthawks. I have read great reviews on them. Maybe when my 9007s burn out I will switch to those.

· MORE! MORE! MORE!
3,627 Posts
How much brighter are these? What to do with the headlights too. Need some more light but dont have the funds for HID's.

Thanks,

· Registered MOPAR User
9,389 Posts
9006 are 1000K the 9005 look to be 1700K, whatever that means.

· Registered
2,393 Posts
is it something you would be doing to the bulb or do you have to cut your wires and add the 9005 style plug?

· Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.