DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 Ramcharger and My Check Engine light went on a couple of days ago. Since then the transmission will not go into overdrive (although the trans seems to work fine) and the speedo stopped working as well. I don't know if this has anything to do with the rest but it looks to me like my temp gauge is creeping up a lot slower than usual. I don't know when this start though.

I did the ignition thing and got the codes:

3-6-3-7-1-7-5-5

I was hoping someone can decode these and/or assist in troubleshooting.

The RC has 130k miles and runs excellent otherwise.

Thank you everyone!!

Chuck

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Chuck, these seem a little strange but here goes. You might want to remove the negative battery cable for a few minutes and re-connect, this will clear the error codes. Drive agin and see what codes appear.

17 Low engine temp Engine coolant temperature remains below normal operating temperatures during vehicle travel.
Possible bad thermostat or you are driving in real cold weather like below zero?

36 Wastegate solenoid circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the wastegate solenoid circuit.
Not equipped with a wastegate but could be a shorted wire?

37 PTU solenoid circuit An open or shorted condition detected in the torque converter part throttle unlock solenoid circuit. (Auto transmission only.)
Lockup torque convertor solenoid or wiring problem. Get down to the tranny and check all the wiring and connectors to the tranny.

55 N/A Completion of fault code display on check engine lamp.
Not to worry...this just tells you that you have seen the end of the computer error code string and you can have a cup of coffee

Speedometer could be a bad cable or the speed sensor on the tranny is bad or has a poor/loose connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.