DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 03' 9.25 rear end and it has the rear discs on it and the main reason I got it was for the TRACLOC diff but I was wondering if the discs would go on my older 9.25 rear end. And do they have different discs I could use to put on my smaller bolt pattern axles? or would some off like a dakota fit?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that, There is still some dodges with the 5 4.5 bolt pattern and was wondering if I could just use some of them. And How do I loosen the bearing spacer adjuster things beside the differential bearings? I saw someone made a tool for it but IDK how to do it and my differential wont come out it comes about 1/4 inch out and then wont do anything PLEASE HELP

·
Aka Force Fed Mopar
6,120 Posts
There's a hole on the right that you go through I believe.

And you can't use the 5x4.5" axles w/ the 5x5.5" rotors. You may be able to use the newer 4x4 axles, like 81?-up, but you'll still have 5x4.5 up front unless you change those too. There are no 5x4.5" discs that will fit that setup. Dakotas are 6-lug.

And you may want to check the spline count on the differential, sometimes they change stuff like that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is a tool that goes through the axle tube to loosen the adjusters. I think some of the cherokees came with disk brake 9.25's and the 4.5" pattern. You might also check some of the ford stuff. I put a set of rotors off a Mercury Grand Marquis on mine.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have a 9.25 with rear disc out of a 75 chrysler imperial if your close to me i'd even load it up and driveit over but I live in Ontario

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.