DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out and about running errands all day, after the last stop of the night I could not get it restarted. I thought that it may be the starter that was starting to give me problems anyway, but after replacing that and not having any results it ruled that out. The starter (new one) will engage while turning the ignition, I checked for spark by pulling a plug wire off and holding it over the frame while someone turned the ignition and didn't get any sparks... after talking to a few people who all seemed to a general concensus that it was the ignition coil, I replaced it as well... no dice there either. So now I am at a complete loss and have no idea where to start, or what the problem may be... anyones help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What engine do you have? If you have the 4 cly 2.5 you just may have a distributor pick up problem. Located under the cap. Check it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 3.0L v6, but if you could give me more info about the pick up problem I will check that out too... anything to get it back on the road without costing me a mechanics fee.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The 3.0L pick up usually don't mess up like the 2.5 did. See if you have power getting to the coil. I think it is a green and black wire. Should have power while cranking the engine. See I you have that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.