DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i got in my car and tried to start it and all it did was makin some clickin noise and wouldn't even attempt to start. This morning i had a friend jump start me and it started right up and i drove it home from the parking lot. it ran fine all the way home and the alternator gauge displayed normal output. i get home turn the car off and try to start it again, same thing. figuring it was the battery i went buy a new one. new battery and it still won't start unless someone jumps me off. any idea on what it could be?

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
that does not make sense. if you get it started take it to autozone and leave it running and have them come do a test on the alternator. they should be able to run the test right there on the spot. only other thing would be your starter relay but still makes no sense because if it was that it should still not start even with jumping it. if i can think of anything i will post it. This one is making no sense at all..lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know b/c i figured if the alternator is bad then it wouldn't stay running. i figured i'd rule out starter since it starts fine when being jumped. i have one of those black and decker battery chargers from wal mart with the alternator check built in. it told me that there was a fault in the alternator. but since the car continues to run fine after being jumped i thought it was a false alarm. unless somehow the alternator isn't putting out enough to start the car but after started it puts out enough juice to keep it running normal. i know its crazy which is why i'm posting on here.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
well if the alternator is not too hard to take off you could take it off and run it to autozone and make sure it is good. i don't see how that would be causing this problem like this but it could i guess. that is where i would start first though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
its the starter solionide its not letting enough of your battery go to the starter dont mess with the alt. if it was the problim you would be driving and your battery light would come on and you would lose all power to every thing when your battery runs out of voltage. and if its not the solionide it could be your starter. but i am pretty sure its the solionide replace that and let me know how it goes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.