DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I just picked up a 89 dodge d150 with a 318 tbi, the old owner told me it runs and drives good just idles high & I took it for test drive & it was like he said, it idled normally when I first fired it up & it ran & drove good but after it ran for a few minutes it was going like 40kmh without touching the gas & when I stopped & parked it, it sounded like it was idling at atleast 2000-2500rpm (doesn’t have a tach) but yea I bought the truck drove it home pretty much without touching the gas pedal lol & got home and shut it off (last night) & this morning I went out to move it & it fired right up then shut right back off & wouldn’t start again, I took off the air cleaner pan & looked into the throttle body while someone tried to start it & I don’t see any fuel coming out of the injectors so I sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body while they turned it over and it fired right up but stalled as soon as i stopped spraying, I turned the key on and off 3 times to check for codes and I’m only getting 12, 33, and 55 which I’m pretty sure is, battery recently disconnected, ac clutch relay, and end of codes. Has anyone else ever had this problem? What do you guys think the problem is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Chris, I am not much help, but my 88 has the same issue, though less severe. Mine will idle up to around 2k once warm.
These TBI units have a normal idle setting, but also one the computer controls (I know very little about these particular units, so....) and it can change the idle up or down, based on what it is seeing.
I have a manual and will be messing with mine the next few days and will hopefully be able to offer more help once I do 😉

1 - 3 of 3 Posts