DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need help if anyone has ideas please email.
I have an 88 dodge pickup while driving down the road the truck quits just as you might have turned the key off and won't start for about an hour. i have replaced ecm twice the dist. cap rotor heil effect ign coil. fuel pump and filter,fuel pump relay and recent new plug and wires. Tries to start when you spray starter fluid down but won't. I have had it in the shop and everytime the shop drives it they can't get it to die the one time the did they bang on gas tank and it started so replaced fuel pump. No codes come from the computer. The key will not give codes when you do the on off thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Brad

·
Registered
20 Posts
88 d150 help

come on guys, give him a break..........

everyone is new to some forum sometime.....

why ever post or come back again if the first post is answered by some forum SNOB?

:D

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
I don't know if this will help. My old 88 Ram LE 150 with 318 FI with a Holley squirter ( that's what I called it ) had problerms like that before. I had cases when I was at the stop light and it would idle rough and almost quit upon acceleration. I did everything like you did and found out it was a oxygen sensor and the map sensor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
OKAY, I had the exact same thing happen to me in my 93 d-150. It went on for about a month. It would break down somewhere and then we'd get it towed to the mechanic and he couldnt figure it out. He charged a crapload of money trying to figure the thing out. He would drive it and say it was okay. Then when I get it back and drive it, it dies. Then the whole thing would start over. (I'm just glad my insurance covers towing)

It ended up being a really dirty throttle body.

·
Registered
6,334 Posts
I'm no expert on 1st gens and have no clue if the setup is even the same, but my dad's '83 Ramcharger had a similar issue, it would die while driving. It turned out to be a leak in the exhaust that was letting the hot air out on to the fuel lines, causing it to not deliver right.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.