DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been running the 6.1L cam and 87 octane for about 10,000 miles or so. do cams justify a need for higher octane like new heads might? i know the performance gain might be more noticable with a higher octane but... what do you guys think or know?

is there a way to read the amount of timing being pulled or knock being detected????

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Is there a way to read the amount of timing being pulled or knock being detected.

If you had a flashpaq or an autoxray you could read both, Why wouldn't you run 91 or 93 anyway. I seem to get better mileage with 91, 400 miles to the tank full if I keep my foot out of it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
03's dont have that option with sc. i cant see the point in sc if i cant adjust my shift points either so its a stock pcm with no tuner.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
The SCs and a 03 is decent, SCs still advances timing and ads some fuel where needed so it ads power. You would just have to shift manually to get the most benefit in a race. If you shift at 5800 that is.

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
87 octane for the winters for me ran it last year with the 210 and not with the 216 no problems

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
GrimReaper said:
03's dont have that option with sc. i cant see the point in sc if i cant adjust my shift points either so its a stock pcm with no tuner.
Let me put it this way...I have superchips and ran it with my 6.1 cam for more than a year. I had to take my superchips off for a week, and it made me so sick I didnt even want to drive the truck...That is how much of a difference superchips makes, especially after adding the cam. My best advice to you is to get a superchips ASAP and run 93 octane...You will be very suprised as to how much stronger your truck will run.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you ever run the 87 tune? my work pays for alot of my gas when i drive for them and they dont exactly smile when i hand in receipts for a premium gas bill :D

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
GrimReaper said:
did you ever run the 87 tune? my work pays for alot of my gas when i drive for them and they dont exactly smile when i hand in receipts for a premium gas bill :D
Yes...I tried the 87 tune with both 87 and 93 octane and it ram much better on 93 octane using the 93 tune. I will never run anything less than 93 in this truck.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
GrimReaper said:
sc does have any real time sensor readings for the 03's doe sit?
Nope...us 03 guys got the shaft. Al we can do is hook up the tune and hope for the best. 99% of the guys running it have experienced great results with superchips on the 03's though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.