DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an 84 W150, 360 4 speed transmission. I had to pull the tank a couple of weeks ago, then found out it was a hard fuel line that was bad. When I put it together, I used new lines, because 34 year old rubber is not very good. The vent line is much bigger than the fuel or return lines, so I am sure it is on the correct place, but now I can not fill my tank at the pump. If I pull the vent line when the tank is more than 1/2 full, fuel will run out, not sure what that means. To fuel now I use the 12 gallon tank from one of my boats, and transfer. not a very satisfactory situation, Any ideas? I really would rather not pull the tank again, that was not a bunch of fun. Thank you

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sorry, I have a 78 and fuel only goes one way. (But my Escalade has/had similar issues)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Fuel should not come out of the vent line until the tank is overflowing. It sounds to me like the "vent" sticks at least halfway down into the tank such that it becomes covered by fuel before the tank is full. Either you have the vent mixed up with the suction or something hinky is going on inside the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Well, I pulled the tank last weekend, the vent line was kinked, up on top, and I found that the fuel pick up ws plugged bad enough that I could not blow it out with 100# of air. Field mod fixed the pickup, (got to love a vehicle old enough that the tank does not need to be pressurized) added an electric pump and now I can fuel properly. Now if I can get it to stop stuttering at rpm and get my power up, but that is another day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts