DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good source for Dodge K car "window" weatherstripping? It is badly needed where the window glass first comes up and out of the door. One website had 2 suggestions: JC Whitney (now a part of carparts.com) and arizonautoparts.com. What is the correct term for the item I'm looking for? Is it called the "window channel", "window run gasket", or what? If there is a source and they have a number of types should I send them a small sample from my car? Or is it possible to get the original Dodge 600 OEM part number which they could then use to pull me the right part or one that could work? What if I were to contact some local Dodge dealer auto body shops nearby? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know a good source for Dodge K car "window" weatherstripping? It is badly needed where the window glass first comes up and out of the door. One website had 2 suggestions: JC Whitney (now a part of carparts.com) and arizonautoparts.com. What is the correct term for the item I'm looking for? Is it called the "window channel", "window run gasket", or what? If there is a source and they have a number of types should I send them a small sample from my car? Or is it possible to get the original Dodge 600 OEM part number which they could then use to pull me the right part or one that could work? What if I were to contact some local Dodge dealer auto body shops nearby? Any help is appreciated.
What year is your dodge truck, I have the same issue and found the right weather-stripping for mine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your dodge truck, I have the same issue and found the right weather-stripping for mine
Jenny, it is not a Dodge truck, but a 1984 Dodge 600 K car with an E body 4 door sedan and has the basic 2.2L engine. What was the name of the source for your weatherstripping? Was it thru a Dodge dealer or an online aftermarket company? I just learned the correct name for what I need and is called the "Beltline Weatherstrips". Their function is to wipe the rain water away from both sides of the window as it disappears down into the driver's door for example.One person advised me to contact someone in a Dodge dealer parts dept and do a search on their "National Parts Database" rather than what they have in their local dealership inventory. Thanks for your response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts