DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am new here. I just bought an 83 ramcharger about a month ago. The lady I bought it from told me there was carb problems. It has a 2 barrel holley. Now that it is cold where I live it has decided to be tempermental. Last couple of days if I wouldn't let it warm up enough it would be very sluggish. Today though, it was doing the same thing and then all of sudden it just died. It would start up but everytime I stepped on the gas it would die again. Ended up having to tow it back home. Is this the carb or am I looking at having to fix something different? Also I did notice a crack in the exhaust manifoldon the drivers side that was never there before. Please help!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
with it warmed up, pull the air cleaner and see if the choke is open all the way, even hit the gas a few times and see if it starts to shut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. My dad said that it was probably the choke sticking on it. This weekend I am going to check it out hopefully. Work schedule is pretty crazy right now. I will post again and let everyone know what I find. Thanks again.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
More than likely it's time for a carb. rebuild or replacement. The choke thermostat could be giving you trouble too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.