DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 dodge ram 1500 sport. Im going to put a 5'' rough country lift with 3'' coil spacers and 3'' body lift witch would make it 11'' of lift total. I want to know what is the biggest tire i can run on this 11'' of lift. 40's are my goal but would be happy with 39.5s. If theres anybody out there who can drop a post and share some info i would greatly love it. Thanks

P.S. If you have a picture with a 1500 on 38.5s-40s i would love to see.

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts

i was running a 5" skyjacker with a 3" spacer and 3" body 40" Groundhawgs on 16.5x12" Weld Super Singles this was a 2001 1500 4x4

·
Registered
964 Posts
With the 5" rc + 3" coil spacer you will need to get arms for the 8" lift. We can custom make you arms here at the shop if you need them. We also recomend running a long arm kit for the 8" of lift. We did do a 99 dodge 1500 with 15" of lift on 40's. It had plenty of room to sit down a few inches and still clear them without a problem. http://www.topguncustomz.com/newgallery/Dodge/?path=./&page=6&img=Darren_001.jpg&idx=121
here is the link to a picture.

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
the long arms would be very helpful,

you can stack the lift however the proper way to do it would be a bigger pitman arm (7" skyjacker) dropped track bar and longer control arms

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very nice truck fiji. So 40's with clear with no rubbing? Should i buy the dick cepek long arm to replace the arms in the 5'' lift kit? Should i just peice my own lift together so its right? Besides the long arms the cost around 500 bucks i only want to spend 1000 buck. Give me a list of stuff i need. Thanks.

·
Registered
964 Posts
You will need.
Coils
Spacers
Control arms or long arms
Pitman arm
Adj track bar or track bar bracket
Sway bar drop or extened links
Stock brake lines will work
New springs and/or block w/ubolts
Front and rear shocks.

That should be all you need, just give us a call if you want and we can get you set up with some prices and different options on parts.

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
probably the cheapest way to do it is like this

4.5" diesel coils (skyjacker) $120-$130 bucks will give you 6-7" lift
the long arm dick cepek kit is the best
7" skyjacker pitman arm
trac bar drop bracket
shocks
rear lift (add a leaf, blocks, lower spring perches, or new springs)
you can cut and extend your sway bar links yourself not hard at all

7" of suspension is about as high as you want to go after this you will need to do some mods for the front drive shaft (shaving, high angle shaft, lower t case)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could use the reindexing ring to lower the t case for the front drive shaft. O and top gun's guy how much would your kit cost?

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
you wont need the indexing ring with the 7" lift, just to extend the front shaft

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well im doing the rough country 5'' lift with 3'' spacer so thats 8'' of lift. 11'' with the body lift. can i just bolt the 5'' on and go? just untill i buy long arm? going to be running my 35's for a while untill i find some 40's.

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
you can but i would not reccommend it because of the potential of bumpsteer,

you see when you stack the 3" on top of 5" your control arms will be too short causing your front axle to push back (towards the rear of your truck) it will be off centered, this will cause your truck to be riding on its tippy toes

not to say this has not been done but if it could be avoided, avoid it makes your life a whole lot safer and easier

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
over 7" and a indexing ring is necessary I am running 6" coils, 2" spacer and 3" body on a 2500 42" will fit perfect on mine I would say 40" would fit a 1500. You wil need long arms with this it will put your axle where you need it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
could i just take the new arm from rough country and cut them and make them longer? I have all the goodies to do so. Welding skills ect.

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
you could BUT it would be quite an ordeal

you would need to add the lift then center and hold the axle then take measurements then build the bars that specific length

easier just to buy them the correct length

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
for me its easier to build then buy costly shit. I have a 1 month old little girl and she needs food. I have tubing laying around. Im a welder. How much long do u think they would have to be? While im doing it i can build 1s with hemp joints.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
Hemp joints?

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
like i said before it would be a bit of a trail and error to get the exact measurements

you need to put the springs and spacer on the truck lower the weight down on the axles while keeping the axler centered then take your measurements

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i think the 5'' arms will be fine with my 35's untill i can afford dc long arms. be a while to save for 40's to. fiji got any more pics of ur white truck on 40's?

·
Louisiana Mopower
353 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.