DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm new to this forrum stuff, but I have a 1999 ram sport and I love the truck. I have some whe spacers my buddy gave to me for free. Obviously I didn't turn them down. They were meant for his 2500 cummins. At the time it didn't dawn on me that the spacers would be 8 lug.. He tells me I can get adapters for these that convert it from 8-5 lug... Which I'm not too sure about because its already a 2 inch spacer, and another adapter over that spacer? That's a lot of strain on the ball joints, hubs and such. So I guess I'm asking if these adapters are real for these spacers. Thanks in advance and hope to use this forrum frequently!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
You want an adapter for the spacer? It may help to explain what your intentions are. What wheels/tires are going on it?

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
Yeah, I'd skip the adapter on a spacer. If you want to run an 8 lug wheel, just get an adapter that goes from 5 to 8 and call it good. Those things tend to be pretty think on their own, I certainly wouldn't want to stack a spacer on top of that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i dont see what your gaining on this
if its free who cares, its not helping your situation.
wheel spacers kill ball joints and look redik considering wheels stick out further on dodge rams than any other half ton truck, and adapters are just going to make all the more hiddeous

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.